Overview of Technology for Teaching at Notre Dame
Visit our Resources Website!
The best places to find help
- Help Desk - 631-8111- tech support, how-to, where to find it
- Classroom Support - 631-8778 - "Help! I'm in a classoom and something doesn't work!"
- Colleges - Arts & Letters Computing | Engineering & Science Computing | Mendoza IT Group
Every course has access to these tools
- Sakai - http://sakai.nd.edu - course websites
- Course e-mail list - http://acadlist.nd.edu - more at http://learning.nd.edu/list/
- Online photo - https://onlinephoto.nd.edu class rosters with faces (also through InsideND)
- InsideND - http://inside.nd.edu - one-stop access to grade submission, class list, online photo, Sakai, etc.
Learning Technology Lab - http://learning.nd.edu
- The Kaneb Center will help you identify and integrate appropriate tools and strategies.
- Let us help you learn - or do it for you!
Classroom technology - http://learningspaces.nd.edu/
- Presenter - computer (Windows), laptop hookup, DVD player, document camera - controlled by a touch panel.
- Learn to use classroom technology through short videos or call 631-8778 to arrange a classroom tech tour.
- Portable devices for checkout - see the list - Inquire at 115 DeBartolo.
- Cable TV - channels in Spanish, Italian, French, German, & Russian, plus SCOLA-4 (news from Asia)
Library services - www.library.nd.edu/help/faculty.shtml
- Course reserves (electronic and in-person) - books, articles, audio, streaming video
- Library instruction - schedule sessions for your students on RefWorks, online databases, or other topics
- Media - check out DVDs, CDs, and other resources
- Subject area librarians - contact them about Course Guides or to request the purchase of a book or DVD.
- RefWorks - web-based bibliographic management tool
File storage - https://oithelp.nd.edu/shared-file-space/
- Box - http://box.nd.edu - 50 GB of cloud storage
- Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/a/nd.edu unlimited cloud storage
- NetFile (N:) - Windows and Mac - 30 GB of file space - additional space may be rrequested
- Compare the options
Additional services and information
- Web publishing options - publish course materials, professional info
- Blog - request a WordPress blog
- Class videotaping - you are entitled to three free tapings per semester
- Training - class listings and printed documentation - register for classes using Endeavor
- Software - learn how to download, purchase, and license a number of programs
- Videoconferencing - schedule a facility
- Scantron ($$) - purchase forms, drop-off completed tests, and pick-up results in 301 O'Shaughnessy
- Fighting Irish Digital Media – studio time can be made available, and video recorded
[updated June 9, 2015]