Overview of Technology for Teaching at Notre Dame
Visit our Resources Website!
The best places to find help
- Help Desk - 631-8111- tech support, how-to, where to find it
- Classroom Support - 631-8778 - "Help! I'm in a classoom and something doesn't work!"
- Colleges - Arts & Letters Computing | Engineering & Science Computing | Mendoza IT Support
Every course has access to these tools
- Classrooms - Windows computer, laptop hookup, document camera, touch panel control.
- InsideND - inside.nd.edu - access grade submission, class list, online photo, Sakai, etc.
- Sakai - sakai.nd.edu - course websites
- Online photo - onlinephoto.nd.edu class rosters with faces
- Class e-mail list - Google Groups (also via Online photo)
- Portable devices for checkout - see the list - Inquire at 115 DeBartolo
Learning Technology Lab - http://learning.nd.edu
- The Kaneb Center will help you identify and integrate appropriate tools and strategies.
- Let us help you learn - or do it for you!
Library services - library.nd.edu/help/faculty.shtml
- Course reserves (electronic and in-person) - books, articles, audio, streaming video
- Library instruction - schedule sessions for your students on RefWorks, online databases, or other topics
- Media - check out DVDs, CDs, and other resources
- Subject area librarians - contact them about Course Guides or to request the purchase of a book or DVD.
- RefWorks - web-based bibliographic management tool
File storage - oithelp.nd.edu/shared-file-space/
- Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/a/nd.edu unlimited cloud storage
- Box - http://box.nd.edu - 50 GB of cloud storage
Additional services and information
- Web publishing options - publish course materials, professional info
- Blog - request a WordPress blog
- Class videotaping - a limited number of free sessions (contact ND Studios via OIT Help Desk)
- Training - class listings and printed documentation - register for classes using Endeavor
- Software - learn how to download, purchase, and license a number of programs
- Scantron ($$) - purchase forms, drop-off completed tests, and pick-up results in 301 O'Shaughnessy
- Fighting Irish Digital Media – studio time can be made available, and video recorded
[updated July 28, 2017]