The statement of teaching philosophy is a brief, written reflection, typically one or two pages in length, in which instructors may:
- describe their personal motivation for teaching
- explain their course design rationale
- outline the values that underlie their course design
- describe overarching teaching methods and approaches
- describe teaching strategies and learning activities with examples from the courses under review
- report adjustments to course design and implementation made as a result of feedback, individual reflection or professional development
An up to date teaching statement is helpful in responding to the teaching component of Form P.