Striving for Excellence in Teaching Certificate
Notre Dame graduate students and postdocs who attend five certificate eligible teaching workshops and write a two-page reflective essay are eligible for the Striving for Excellence in Teaching Certificate.
- The five workshops may be attended over multiple semesters.
- Workshops do not count for academic credit.
- Workshops in the Professional Development series do not count toward the teaching certificate.
- Students may earn more than one certificate.
To receive a certificate, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Date of each workshop, title, and brief description of each workshop (workshop attendance will be verified by signature on sign-in sheets).
- A two-page essay reflecting on aspects of the workshop content that the applicant found most relevant to his or her teaching interests and goals.
Graduate students and postdocs who are not seeking a certificate are welcome to attend any workshop.